Alterations and Repairs
Alterations and Repairs
Types of Alterations & Repairs we offer
We are able to undertake a wide range of garment alterations on everything from wedding dresses, prom dress, bridesmaid dresses, suit, jeans and much more.
Why Choose Edwards Alterations & Repairs?
- All our work is undertaken in store
- Speak directly with an experienced semester/seamstress undertaking the work. Who will be able to advise on every aspect of the alteration
- Dedicated fitting room
- Industrial sewing machines capable of handling the widest range of fabrics including heavy Demin and motorcycle leathers finished to a professional standard.
- Express service for urgent jobs
- Open 6 days a week providing flexible appointments times when needed
- Specialist zip repairs and replacement on various items
- Years of experience ensures your garments will be altered to the highest standards
Cost depends on many factors that can only be gauged upon assessment. We therefore ask that you visit us with the item and we will offer the best advice and prices. We have fitting room facilities if required. We are unable to provide quotes without assessing the work / item, instore.
We are always busy with alterations. Timescale depends on the work required and if materials need to be ordered eg. zips. Usual lead time is one week. We do our best to accommodate and undertake last minute work, including same day and overnight. To avoid disappointment, visit us soon as possible! Peak times are around summer wedding season, school proms and Xmas.
Before you Visit
Although an appointment is not always necessary, we do get busy at times and ask that you call / book a time in advance to ensure you speak directly with the staff that will be undertaking the work.
Some important points to note:
- We request that your items are cleaned (either by you or us) prior to undertaking any alteration work
- Curtain Alterations: Provide us with the finished length and/or width you require.
- Never mark items using pen!
- We are experienced in what we do so always ask for advice if you are unsure about anything.
- Accurate measurements for accurate work.
See the latest images of our work on our social media pages here: Images
Some of our previous work
Fine silk lining repair
Puffa coat repair to hole with new panelling
Thick stitching into leather, repair